Weekend Link RoundupDecember 09, 2016
1. These Kate Spade Lydia Studded Patent Pumps in "red chestnut" (reviewed here) are now on sale at a number of places: Kate Spade (use code SPRINKLES for an extra 30% off sale styles), Zappos, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Dillard's, Amazon, and Lord + Taylor.
1-1/2. Other picks for the Kate Spade sale: Massey Court Melodie Crossbody, Leather Bow Belt, Becca Flats, Carmel Court Jami Tote, Eden Lane Stacy Wallet, Jazz Things Up Pave Cat Ring, Cameron Street Dody Crossbody, Flounce Tee, Jazz Things Up Cat Pendant, and Lily Avenue Patent Darla Wallet.
2. Meet the People Who've Retired at Sea (The BBC)
3. If Animals Have Rights, Should Robots? (The New Yorker)
4. David Brooks and the Intellectual Collapse of the Center (New York Magazine)
5. (Video Link) Trevor Noah: "Born a Crime"(Politics and Prose on Youtube)
5-1/2. Trevor Noah: Let's Not Be Divided. Divided People Are Easier to Rule (The New York Times)
6. Until Monday, get 30% off all Madewell purchases totaling $200+ with code SPLURGE. My picks: the transport satchel, backroad button-back sweater, ryder ribbed scarf, silk lowlight lace-inset midi dress, lace-up hoodie sweater, southfield mockneck sweater, cableknit shirttail turtleneck sweater, and the manchester crossbody bag in leather.
7. The History of the Filibuster (Brookings)
7-1/2. Let's Talk: The Move to Reform the Filibuster (The New Yorker)
8. How to Hide $400 Million (The New York Times)
9. The Oscars of Paper Currency (Bloomberg)
11. Natural History Museum: 2016 People's Choice Award (Natural History Museum)
12. Select cold-weather items are 30% off at Forever 21. My picks: Fleece-Lined Leggings, Fringed Oblong Scarf, Santa Slippers, Marled Pom-Pom Beanie, Colorblocked Oblong Scarf, and Flannel Plaid Oblong Scarf.
13. Political Correctness: How the Right Invented a Phantom Enemy (The Guardian)
14. Why Misogyny Won (Vox)
15. Richard Feynman: The Difference Between Knowing the Name of Something and Knowing Something (Farnam Street)
17. (Video Link) A Message to Breitbart from Weather.com (The Weather Channel on YouTube)
18. How Stable Are Democracies? "Warning Signs Are Flashing Red" (The New York Times)
20. Recently ordered: Chroma Faux-Fur Throw, UGG Luxe Herringbone Flannel Duvet, Marc Jacobs Fragrances Daisy Gift Set, Color-Changing Panda Mug, and Zella Live In Slim Fit Leggings.
Bonus: Word on the street is that Bloomingdale's Mystery Money event is set to start next week, so keep your eyes peeled for unique codes in the mail (both postal and electronic).
Have a great weekend, all!