Weekly Link RoundupAugust 24, 2016
2. Neiman Marcus further discounted sale styles earlier this week. I ordered the Black Halo Tuxedo Sheath on super sale (also here, here, and here). My picks: Black Halo Flounce Dress, Theory Surplice-Neck Top, Michael Kors Messenger Bag (more colors here and here), Gucci Double-Strap Flat, Black Halo Draped-Neck Dress, David Meister Embroidered Dress, Black Halo Sweetheart Dress, Michael Kors Crossbody Bag, Cole Haan Bow Flat, Self Portrait Azaelea Dress, and Black Halo Scalloped Gown.
3. The Fake $400 Million Iran "Ransom" Story via the New York Times
4. Hollar, the Fastest Growing Online-Only Dollar Store, Woos Millennial Moms via Racked (I don't know why, but I was surprised to learn that, "Dollar General said that 24% of its sales were thanks to twentysomething women.")
5. Big Alcohol Tries to Go on a Health Kick via Bloomberg
6. All sale styles are an extra 30% off at H&M with code 4502. Use code 0040 for free shipping on orders over $40. My order: One-shoulder Dress and Jersey Jumpsuit (and this full-priced dress). More picks: Embroidered Jumpsuit, One-shoulder Top, Leather Sandals, Chiffon Dress with Lace, and Lace Skirt.
7. The Charmed Life of Pandora via Racked
8. Why It Pays to Be Grumpy and Bad-Tempered via the BBC
8.5. Why Bullying Is Such a Successful Evolutionary Strategy via the BBC
9. An MIT Scientist Claims That This Pill Is the Fountain of Youth via New York Magazine (A pill that may extend "health spans," but not necessarily "life spans." Pterostilbene and nicotinamide riboside are the two active compounds.)
10. Lord + Taylor's clearance section is worth a look, as new styles have been added and existing styles are further discounted. My picks: Kate Spade Striped Crossbody, Kate Spade Mini-Crossbody Bag, Splendid Wrap-Up Sandals, Sam Edelman Thong Sandals, Michael Kors Dillon Satchel, Sam Edelman Leather Sandals, Ivanka Trump Carra Pumps, Michael Kors Pleated Skirt, Nine West Suede Sandals, Kate Spade Bow Sandals, Jessica Simpson Embroidered Pumps, and Kate Spade T-Strap Flats.
11. EpiPen Price Rise Sparks Concern for Allergy Sufferers via the New York Times
11.5. How Congress, the FDA, and Sarah Jessica Parker Helped EpiPen Become a $1 Billion Business via Gizmodo
12. How Things Work via Gawker
12.5. Gawker's Gone. Long Live Gawker. via the New York Times
13. The Nation's First Soda Tax Is Working. Can Its Success Last? via Bloomberg
14. KFC Is Giving Away Sunscreen That Makes You Smell Like Fried Chicken via Gizmodo (Sadly, they already ran out.)
15. Recently ordered: Kate Spade Anchors Away Necklace (also here), Burberry Check Print Scarf, J. Crew Simple Sandal, and Burberry Basingstoke Coat.