Weekend Link RoundupJuly 29, 2016
|Image via Amazon|
1.5. Buffalo Wild Wings’ New Plan to Crush Chipotle and Panera Bread Is Working via Business Insider (This new plan is the "15-minute lunch guarantee"—casual dining moving into fast casual dining territory? I think I see a trend.)
2. The Oppressive Gospel of "Minimalism" via the New York Times
3. Here's another plug for the Emerson Place Vivenna Mini Quilted Leather Crossbody (see on me here), now on sale at Gilt. I like it enough that I also got it in a second color and another size.
3.5. Random previously-sold out Kate Spade styles sprung up on Gilt recently. Here are some of my favorites: Go Fly A Kite Mini Crossbody (see on me here), Lily Avenue Carrigan Leather Tote (see on me here), Holden Street Lanie Small Leather Satchel, Embellished Cambria Flared Dress, Stripe Fit And Flare Dress (see on me here), and Rugby Stripe Duvet.
4. The Debate Over Time's Place in the Universe via the Atlantic
5. Ralph Lauren’s American Dream via Racked
6. The Mathematics Of Jet Lag via Forbes
7. Forever 21 just added hundreds of new style to its sale section. Here are my picks: Stretch-Knit Henley Bodysuit, Stretch-Knit Skater Dress, Wide-Brim Felt Floppy Hat, Ornate Embroidered-Mesh Dress, Dropped-Hem Wool Sweater, Fit & Flare Pocket Dress, and Grid Crochet-Paneled Paisley Top.
8. The Campaign to Make You Eat Kimchi via Priceonomics (Oh man... "gastro-diplomacy" is real.)
9. While the Rest of the World Got Taller, Americans Plateaued. Here’s Why via the Washington Post
10. WikiLeaks Has Officially Lost the Moral High Ground via Wired
11. What You Like Falls on Party Lines via the Wall Street Journal
12. Mysterious New Whale Species Discovered in Alaska via National Geographic
13. A Stunning Prediction of Climate Science — and Basic Physics — May Now Be Coming True via the Washington Post
14. What Do You Pay For When You Get an Ethical Manicure? via Racked
15. Recent purchases: H&M Pleated Skirt, Sam Edelman Tonia Pump, Ruffled Lemon Print Dress, ModCloth Scalloped Top, and Street Level Slouchy Zip Tote.
Have a great weekend, all!