Weekly Link RoundupJune 15, 2016
|J. Crew Portfolio Dress in Navy / Gemma Flats in Stripe|
2. The (Very) Dark Side of Live Streaming That No One Seems Able To Stop via the Washington Post
3. Hatching an Egg Outside Its Eggshell via Reddit
4. Corporate America Chases the Mystical Millennial: "Macroscale demographic trends rarely govern most individual's life and work decisions" via the New York Times
5. Another instance of a sensationalistic headline backed with self-reported data: "Another Benefit to Being Tall: Increased Productivity" via Bloomberg
6. Victoria's Secret's semi-annual sale started earlier this week. The options online look picked over, so you may want to try your local store for more options.
6.5. Speaking of semi-annual sales, Brooks Brothers is running its semi-annual sale until 06/28. My picks: Cotton Blend Gingham Dress, Wool-Blend Sheath Dress, Straw Sun Hat, Pearl Necklace, and Billie Shoulder Bag.
7. A Renegade Muscles In on Mister Softee's Turf via the New York Times
8. The Puzzle Solver via Stanford Medicine
9. Sorry, It’s Time to Start Counting Gigabytes at Home, Too: “The idea is those who use more pay more" via Wired
10. The Fading Meaning of ‘GMO' via the Atlantic
11. LOFT is running a 40% off new arrivals sale; use code SWEET at checkout.
12. 6 European Countries, 9 Days, 0 Planes via The New York Times
13. (An excellent read penned by a former Unicorn employee) Uncanny Valley via n+1
14. A Breakdown Of What Every Person Behind A $200 Million Movie Makes via Digg
15. Google and Levi's Are Now Making Connected Jean Jackets via Bloomberg
16. The “Free Speech” Charade via New Republic
17. Can America Build Its Own LVMH? via the New York Times
18. Inside the Underground Economy Propping Up New York City's Food Carts via Crain's
19. These Companies Want Millennials To Think About Their Deaths via Marketwatch (Some stats: "... 64% of American adults don’t have a will, including 55% of those with children ... about 90% of adults aged 18 to 34 don’t have a will, and 80% of those aged 35 to 44 don’t.")
20. Recent purchases: Sam Edelman Grayson Sandal, Modcloth Sunbaked Satisfaction Dress, and English Factory Woven Dress.