Weekly Link RoundupJune 21, 2016
|J. Crew Long-Sleeve Tweed Dress with Fringe // Navy // 00P|
1.5. The tweed dress pictured above, along with other sale styles, are an extra 40% off with code TUESDAY. My picks: A-Line Dress in Morning Floral, Tie-front Boy Shirt in Gingham, Boatneck T-shirt in Stripe, Colette D'orsay Pumps in Polka-Dot Denim, and Flutter-sleeve Dress in Eyelet.
2. Why Young Americans Are Giving Up on Capitalism via Foreign Policy ("According to an April 2016 Harvard University poll, support for capitalism is at a historic low. 51 percent of Americans in this (18-29) age cohort reject it, while 42 percent support it. 33 percent say they support socialism.")
3. The War on Stupid People via the Atlantic
4. Who Are the Trolls? via New Republic (a book review; book in question includes a definition of "lulz" and casual mentions of "normies.")
5. Americans Spend More on Restaurants Than Groceries, Because of Huge Social Changes via New York Magazine
6. The All-American iPhone via MIT Technology Review
7. Gilt account holders should check their inbox for an extra 30% off coupon (code is THIRTY, but is account specific). Will plug the Kate Spade Emerson Place Vivenna Small Quilted Leather Shoulder Bag again because I really like mine.
8. The Web's Creator Looks to Reinvent It via the New York Times
9. Chemophobia Is Irrational, Harmful, And Hard To Break via Aeon
10. How Yahoo derailed Tumblr via Mashable (I LOL'd at this: "Some younger employees didn’t know what Yahoo was.")
11. Madewell sale styles are an extra 30% off with code EXTRA30. Some picks: Madewell x Biltmore® Panama Hat, Boardwalk Lace-up Sandal, Silk One-shoulder Dress, and Polka-dot Anklet Socks.
12. Gender-Segregated Public Bathrooms Have A Long, Ugly History via Buzzfeed
13. Everybody Is Constipated, Nobody Is Constipated via FiveThirtyEight
14. What Does A Graphics Card Actually Do? via Digg
15. The $30 Serum Reddit Is Obsessed With via Racked
16. Badge of Dishonor: Top Oakland Police Department Officials Looked Away as East Bay Cops Sexually Exploited and Trafficked a Teenager via East Bay Express
17. Kate Spade is running an extra 30% off sale on discounted styles until 07/05/16; use code SUNSHINE at checkout. My favorite multi-purpose crossbody, the Primrose Hill Little Kaelin, is still available in three colors; see on me here. Other picks: Emerson Place Emi, Mini Rose Pleated Shirtdress, Open Back Bow Dress, Embellished Structured Dress, Sunny Daisy Fiorella Dress, and Queen Bee Bracelet.
Have a great week, all!