Weekly Link RoundupMay 16, 2016
1.5. For those who like to make their own fried chicken, this Buzzfeed post links to a dozen chicken tenders recipes that all looking promising.
2. I'm currently on a quest for fun and durable silk(-y) camis. On my try list: J. Crew Scalloped Carrie Cami, ONE by CAMI NYC Lace Racer Camisole, Equipment Cara Washed-Silk Camisole, and Painted Threads Gauze Camisole.
3. The High Cost, for the Poor, of Using a Bank via the New Yorker
4. Sometimes you have to turn away money. A business in Kentucky is no longer accepting "boob or sock money."
5. ‘I’ll Never Retire’: Americans Break Record for Working Past 65 via Bloomberg
6. I recently made Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, and they were as good as advertised. I didn't have cornstarch on hand so omitted it from the first batch I baked, and they turned out just fine.
7. Shop Ann Taylor's 40% off sale (use code MYSTERY40 at checkout for 40% off your purchase). I picked up the Peplum Back Button Down and Linen Blend Moto Jacket. Here are a few more picks: Striped Side Button Skirt, Lace Hem Sweater Dress, Garden Print Pencil Skirt, Embroidered Swing Skirt, Silk Shirred V-Neck Blouse, and Lace Shift Dress.
8. [Aristotle], On Trolling via the Journal of the American Philosophical Association
9. At the Costume Institute, Couture Meets Technology via the New York Times
10. This Asian Bank Lets You Borrow Cash and Pay in Trash: "customers are able to open accounts, make deposits — of trash, converted to its rupiah value — and periodically withdraw funds" via Bloomberg
11. Recent purchases from Forever 21: Eyelash Lace Romper, Tie-Front Pom-Trim Romper, Tropical Floral Print Dress, Medallion Layered Necklace, Lace Sheath Dress, and Off-the-Shoulder Mini Dress.
Have a great week, all!