Weekly Link RoundupApril 20, 2016
1. A new closet favorite, the Burberry Bowpark Raincoat, is 30% off at Saks until next Monday (04/25/16). Sizes run 2-16; this coat fits half a size larger compared to more tailored Burberry options, and has a swing shape to it so those with narrow shoulders can order a size down. For anyone my size, I took a size 2 in this style but would have ordered a 0 if that had been an option.
1.5 Saks' F&F sale is one of the better ones in recent memory. I am thisclose to pulling the trigger on the Black Halo La Reina Gown. Here are my other sale picks: Tali Bow Flats (I own these in navy and black; they fit true to size and are incredibly comfortable—like run five miles in them comfortable), Burberry Kensington Heritage Trench, Burberry Wool Toggle Coat, Burberry Diamond-Quilted Jacket, Burberry House Check Bowler Bag, Burberry Westminster Heritage Trench, A+O Lace Day Dress, Black Halo Jackie O Dress, Burberry Pleat-Back Short Trenchcoat, and Elie Tahari Samira Dress.
2. 10 Fashion and Beauty Brands Expanding the Definition of 'Nude' via Fashionista
3. NASA Really Is Trying to Grow Potatoes on Mars via the Wall Street Journal
4. How Should the World Respond to Terrorism? via the Atlantic
5. Aerie bralettes are 2 for $32 until 04/21. Here are some styles that I recently ordered and loved: Lace Padded Triangle Bralette, Hi-Neck Bralette, and Romantic Lace Longline Bralette.
6. You've Been Washing Your Hands Wrong via the New York Times
7. Elizabeth Warren Wants To Take Down TurboTax via ThinkProgress
8. Take $25 off every $100 spent at Bloomingdale's with code SHOP25 (exclusions here). Now's a good time pick up rarely discounted Tory Burch styles, like the Robinson Small Zip Tote, Robinson Large Zip Tote, Perry Tote, Robinson WOC, Fleming Medium Shoulder Bag, Foldover Crossbody, and Robinson Adjustable Shoulder Bag.
9. Total Inequality via the Atlantic