I recently heard from a few ladies who share my dilemma - have athletic calves but love skirts and dresses of different lengths - about how to keep proportions in check when donning dresses and skirts that fall below the knee.
When it comes to midi length skirts - I am a one-trick pony. Really, the only thing that has worked for me is wearing taller heels (preferably in a neutral shade).
Do you share my dilemma? What's your solution?
|Ann Taylor blouse (similar), J. Crew dress (similar) + bag, and YSL shoes|
I also received a few requests for a tutorial on how to tuck your top into a belt/ wear a dress as a skirt and took a few pictures to show you how I normally do this "trick."
1. I prefer working with button ups - undo the bottom two or three buttons
2. Tie a knot (or double-knots) with the two loose ends
3. Make sure you tie the knot tightly
4. Tuck the knot inward
5. And do the same for the loose hem
6. Wrap the belt around your waist - don't cinch it too tightly; leave room for the top
7. You can use bobby pins or paper clips (look for clear ones or ones that match the color of your belt) to secure thinner belts.
There are a few ways to do this; for those of you who have tried, I would appreciate your feedback and suggestions.